Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Music of the Chaddock, Dean , etc. families. Contd. #2

The incident involved Mother and a pesky fly flitting over Mother's music as she played.  She, of course, would brush it away, first with one hand, then the other, still keeping the song going.  Finally, it became so hilarious to Velma and me that we "fell apart" laughing !The WBTA announcer interrupted announcing "technical difficulties", while Dad Dean sat at home listening and wondering what was going on.  This was very funny to me then, and even now, I break out with at least a chuckle.
  Our program was called "The Dean Sisters" and lasted until WBTA syndicated and joined a larger network. I still have a scratchy old record of some of our old songs in case for some reason we couldn't be there to sing.  It was never used.
  I graduated from the Crane School of Music, BS , MS, in Music Eduction ,  After teaching at Rye, NY for a year I taught at the Batavia and Oakfield public schools for 25 years.   There I married a very successful PE teacher and coach, who taught in Oakfield where we met. We were married in a double wedding with my sister, Velma.

No comments:

Post a Comment