Monday, August 22, 2011

March Madness(April)-Kuhl Style


   For several years I have noticed that "UConn" has been prominent in the masculine collegiate basketball world, and recently the feminine factor also.

Of course, I knew that Uncle John (John Randolph Kuhl) obtained his pre-med at "Storrs", and Uncle Dick (Richard Cornelius Fisher) had been on the faculty at " Storrs". I also knew that Uncle Dick and Aunt Ellen and their children lived at Waterbury, Connecticut.. In fact, I spent several weeks one summer with the Fishers.  It seems that my father, Ivan , and Ellen had been "best buds"  as they grew up.  Oh yes, I also remember that Calamine Lotion was the treatment of choice for "poison ivy", that year, anyway.

 When all of a sudden the Texas Aggie women crashed insto prominence, it occurred to me that it might be fun to know the Texas Aggie- UConn connection of the "Kuhls".  Sitting here, I can think of six "Aggies" without displacing any dandruff!

Randolph Frink mentioned he is a UConn kid, so there may be more! I don't know where Dick Fisher acquired his pre-dent, or the education of the other Fishers, Frinks, Briggs, or Cinq-Mars families.
               Fun to know!-Randolph-- How about looking some of your Yankee kinfolk up and I'll fill out the "Aggie" roster of "Kuhls"

Randolph's maternal grandmother was Leila Kuhl Briggs-My aunt.  His mother was my cousin Frances Briggs Frink. So Randolph is 2nd cousin to Ruth's and my children. He was at the Kuhl Reunion at Keuka Lake, last summer.
                               UConn is at Storrs,Ct.

                       Love, Y'all! , Grandpa, Ivan, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment